Subject Re: [ib-support] Re: Can't connect to server
Author Wayne Elmore
Dan, the question of whether the two domains are trusted is new to me so I
don't know. How can I tell? And, yes I can ping the Roanoke_Server using
either the name or the IP address.

As for running nslookup, I tried and but apperently its not part of win95.

Any other ustility to give me the info you're looking for?

Thanks again for all your time.

Wayne
----------
> From: nitaligavino <Dan.Crea@...>
> To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [ib-support] Re: Can't connect to server
> Date: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 01:24 PM

Hi Wayne:

Nothing is jumping out concerning the settings. I did notice that
the client and server appear to be on separate domains. LECO_Roanoke
and LECO. Are these domains trusted? Also, were you able to
successfully ping Roanoke_Server from the client?

You can also try doing a lookup using nslookup. I think Win95 has
this utility. If so from the command line you can try:

example:
C:\>nslookup
Default Server: sundev1.eng
Address: 10.11.222.2

> set type=a
> 10.11.20.99
Server: sundev1.eng
Address: 10.11.222.2

Name: dcrea.eng
Address: 10.11.20.99

> exit

C:\>

Here I started nslookup, which is our DNS / WINS server at IP
10.11.222.2. I then asked for resolution on the IP address
10.11.20.99 which is my localhost. It resolved the lookup and gave
me the localhost name of dcrea.eng and my localhost IP. You can use
this to see if the DNS / WINS can perform the gethostbyname lookup.
If it fails then you need to have your DNS / WINS configurtion
corrected.

Dan

--- In ib-support@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne Elmore" <hwelmore@k...>