Subject Re: [ib-support] Firebird Deployment
Author Ann W. Harrison
At 02:47 PM 1/7/2003 -0200, IB/FB List wrote:

>Are a good feature have record encryption based on user or roles ?
>Or permissions (select, update, delete) on records based on
>users/groups/roles ?

Permissions, sure. Perhaps I've missed something essential,
but why does user B have any access to user A's data at all?
As long as they have different user names there's no reason
they should be able to see each other's data, let alone
destroy it.

Even if they share tables, separate permissions can be
enforced with views.

Encryption is a problem - first, because secure encryption
is very expensive and insecure encryption is ... well ...
insecure.

Regards,

Ann
www.ibphoenix.com