Subject RE: [ib-support] Generator Problem. Values = 2, 4, 6, 8, 10,...
Author Alan McDonald
IBDataset has a generetorfield where you declare the generator - it will get
a value, then you insert a null and the trigger gets a value
are you sure you are not using IBdataset?
-----Original Message-----
From: mcrosman1957 [mailto:delphi7@...]
Sent: Saturday, 28 September 2002 9:59
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ib-support] Generator Problem. Values = 2, 4, 6, 8, 10,...

Hi.

I am using Delphi 6.0, Firebird 1.0.0.338
and Interbase Express components: IBDataset, IBTransaction, IBSQL.

I have created a generator with the statement:

Create Generator PCOrc_Gen;

And a trigger for this generator with the statements:
=====================
SET TERM #
CREATE TRIGGER SET_NumReg_PCOrc FOR PLANCONORC
Active Before INSERT Position 0 AS
begin
IF (new.NumReg IS NULL) then
new.NumReg = gen_id(PCOrc_GEN,1);
end #
SET TERM ;#

I have noticed that every time a do a insert the values generated for
the NumReg primary key are 2, 4, 6, 8, 10,... and not 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,

Why does it happen? How can I solve this problem?

Thanks for any help.

Marcelo.