Subject Re: [ib-support] This is a bug???
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:08 PM 26-09-02 -0300, you wrote:
>Hi.
>Sometimes when editing a stored procedure while someone else is also
>connected on gdb and alter the parameters data type this change only has
>effect after everybody (including me) disconnect from the gdb.
>An example, changing a parameter datatype from varchar(4) to varchar(10).
>Anyone have tha same problem??

This is "as designed". Changes to stored procedures and triggers are
deferred until there are no remaining transactions in the system that are
involved in dependencies with that code.

As ever, it's not good policy to attempt to implement metadata changes on a
database while users are active in it.

heLen