Subject RE: [ib-support] Backing up Firebird
Author tom
Copy:
it is okay to copy the database but u should stop the ib service before copy. In top of it, backup/ restore may be
better since gargbage collection will be performed thru backup/ restore.
Schedule:
You can write the backup command in the bat file and schedule to run it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stevio [mailto:redeagle@...]
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2002 2:35 PM
To: IB Support
Subject: [ib-support] Backing up Firebird

A real beginner question but why is it not ok to backup a Firebird database
by just making a copy of the database file?

It is okay isn't it if no-one is logged in?

How do you schedule the Firebird backup? Can you do it with IB Console? I'm
using Firebird 0.94 (also, someone tell me why I should upgrade to Firebird
1, which has problems on Windows 98 and doesn't work with IB Console).

Thanks,
Stephen

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/67folB/TM