Subject Re: [ib-support] stored proc calc prob
Author Jem Rayfield
DOH....

USER_COUNT DOUBLE PRECISION
X DOUBLE PRECISION
TOTAL_USERS DOUBLE PRECISION

Sorry if anyone was looking into this!!

Jem Rayfield
Technical Consultant
Deutsche Bank [/]
CIB - IT Infrastructure
Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB)
London
t: +44(20)754-51943

"Jem Rayfield"
<jem.rayfield+exter To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
nal@...> cc:
Subject: [ib-support] stored proc calc prob
25/09/2002 15:04
Please respond to
ib-support

I am trying the following procedure and getting X = 0 even though
user_count and total_users have values ??

Help what is worng with the expression syntax?

Thanks for ay pointers
Jem.

CREATE PROCEDURE CITY_USER_COUNT
RETURNS
(
CITY VARCHAR(255),
USER_COUNT INTEGER,
X DOUBLE PRECISION,
TOTAL_USERS INTEGER
)
AS
BEGIN
SELECT
COUNT( UID )
FROM
USERS U,
USER_GROUP_INFO UG
WHERE
U.UID = UG.UID
AND
USER_STATE = 'ACTIVE'
INTO
:TOTAL_USERS;
FOR

SELECT
UG.CITY, COUNT( UG.UID ) AS USER_COUNT
FROM
USER_GROUP_INFO UG,
USERS U
WHERE
U.UID = UG.UID
AND
U.USER_STATE = 'ACTIVE'
GROUP BY UG.CITY
ORDER BY UG.CITY
INTO
:CITY, :USER_COUNT

DO
BEGIN
:X = ( ( :USER_COUNT / :TOTAL_USERS ) * 100);
SUSPEND;
END
END

Jem Rayfield
Technical Consultant
Deutsche Bank [/]
CIB - IT Infrastructure
Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB)
London
t: +44(20)754-51943

"Wilson, Fred"
<fred.wilson@bell To: "'ib-support@yahoogroups.com'" <ib-support@yahoogroups.com>
howell.com> cc:
Subject: RE: [ib-support] Upscale the DBMS?
25/09/2002 14:45
Please respond to
ib-support

Terabytes of data ?? Not on a Win platform..

Best regards,
Fred Wilson
SE, Bell & Howell
fred.wilson@...