Subject Re: [ib-support] How can you link Firebird to PHP?
Author Jaume Andreu Sabater Malondra
On Thursday 19 September 2002 19:13, Javier Rodríguez wrote:

> while (ibase_fetch_row($dataset)) $i++;

As fas as I know, this would empty the dataset, forcing you to relaunch the
query. Are you sure this works?

> i was thinking in a more natural approach , it the query was attached to a
> specific TABLE , you can
> make it real fast by doing a simple "Select count(*) from ".$table , but
> in the case of a query..

Hmmm... IHMO, I think it would be faster to execute a foreach statement under
Php environment, since all would be done in the same process and with no
accesses to hard disk.

> The real hard thing is to make a DBGrid , but i'm on it :)

I guess! :-D

> I'm from Alcoy, Alicante (Spain) , and seeking for job }XD

I am from Palma, Majorca, Spain. Maybe you have heard of Bulma
(http://bulmalug.net). I belong to that organisation.

--
Jaume Andreu Sabater Malondra
jsabater@...