Subject Re: [ib-support] TCP and Firebird
Author Paul Reeves
Riho-Rene Ellermaa wrote:
> Hi!
>
> My client wrote me that he gets error 27014 or 27013 "Cannot find TCP
> Service Database. Use of TCB/ip Networking will not be supported."
> when he tries to run my program (I use TCP for FB connection). The
> windows is 98 and FB is 1 (latest). The computer is in school, it has
> internet connection and firewall. Can it be that they haven't
> installed TCP? (but I thought that connecting to Internet needs that
> protocol)

I think you will need to get a little bit more information about their
setup. I can't locate error numbers 27014 or 27013 as known Microsoft
networking errors. And Firebird no longer needs an entry in the services
database - it should default to 3050 if an entry isn't found. (And it
ought not throw a fit if it can't find the services database.)

Where/when is the error thrown? When the server starts? When the client
app tries to connect?

Paul

--

Paul Reeves