Subject Re: [ib-support] Interbase and Website - long question
Author Frank Schlottmann-Goedde
Sujan Sreenath schrieb:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> I have two questions, one short and the other long, please bear with
> me.
>
> ------------------------------------------ The short question:

> would the connection string be something like this:
>
> dname := '202.33.44.22:\\virtualdir\database\mydata.gdb'; (blind
> guess)

It usually looks like 202.33.44.22:/virtualdir/database/mydata.gdb

or 202.33.44.22:/home/your_username/database/mydata.gdb

> Also will I be able to use my Windows based IBConsole to administer
> the remote Web Interbase Server running Linux?

As long as there is a super-server installation running on the remote
server, otherwise you can use one of the many free replacements.

Short answer:

Both options should work.

Frank
--
"Fascinating creatures, phoenixes. They can carry immensely heavy loads,
their tears have healing powers and they make highly faithful pets."