Subject RE: [ib-support] Alias with TIBDatabase component?
Author Wilson, Fred
Isn't that a Delphi question ?? It should be taken to the Delphi support
list.

Best regards,
Fred Wilson
SE, Bell & Howell
fred.wilson@...

-----Original Message-----
From: Stevio [mailto:redeagle@...]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 8:28 AM
To: IB Support
Subject: [ib-support] Alias with TIBDatabase component?

I'm using Firebird, Delphi 5 and a TIBDatabase component.

Can I specify an alias for my database in Database Explorer and use this for
my database connection, like I can do with a TDatabase component?

If not what options are there to me? I don't want to hardcode the path to
the data and I don't want to use a .ini file. Is there still a way to use an
alias?

Thanks,
Stephen