Subject RE: [ib-support] How to embed Firebird 1.0 into a Win32 application?
Author Alan McDonald
You can use the separate install or maybe a merge module to include in you
installshield installation
I use interclient compiled into my java palm conduit to connect to
databases. I don't know jaybird but I don't need the port number either - I
use the standard 3050, the driver knows the port I guess.
Don't now what castor is either sorry
Alan
-----Original Message-----
From: A| c@pOn! [mailto:don_alcaponi@...]
Sent: Monday, 16 September 2002 16:41
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [ib-support] How to embed Firebird 1.0 into a Win32
application?

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply. I meant to simply copy the files into my
application and distribute it. So I guess that the Firebird installer
should
go into my application's installer.

Assuming that I've got a Firebird server up and running with 2 database
DBX
and DBY, how would I connect to them using a JDBC driver e.g. JayBird?
Mainly, where do I obtain the port number to include into the JDBC URL?

Also, I intend to use Castor with Firebird. Is there any limitation to
that?

Many thanks,
Al.