Subject Re: [ib-support] check constraint stops working after backup and restore
Author Paul Schmidt
At the risk of being slightly OT here, but hey you started it....

On 13 Sep 2002 at 18:55, Helen Borrie wrote:

> At 10:58 AM 13-09-02 +0200, Tomas Michalik wrote:
>
> >Martijn Tonies wrote:
> > >
> > > Domain shouldn't hold a database or table constraint - they should
> > > hold value constraints only.
> >
> >Maybe. I haven't read anything like that anywhere. When I recompile
> >the domain constraint, it works. Wouldn't it be better if it could
> >work that way even after restore ? :-)
>
> How could it? Restore has to create the domains before it creates the
> tables, otherwise it couldn't create the tables. God has the same
> problem with chickens and eggs.

God has no problem with chickens and eggs, just pop open that dusty old King
James and look at Genesis 1:21-22

And God created great whales and every living creature that moveth, which the
waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his
kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be Fruitful
and multiply and fill the waters in the seas and let fowl multiply in the earth.

This answers the great question, what came first, the chicken or the egg, it was the
chicken!

Paul Schmidt, President
Tricat Technologies
paul@...