Subject Re: [ib-support] Re: check constraint stops working after backup and restore
Author Martijn Tonies
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian A. Newby" <ian@...>
To: <ib-support@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 11:32 AM
Subject: [ib-support] Re: check constraint stops working after backup and
restore

> Hi All,
>
> > >Maybe. I haven't read anything like that anywhere. When I
> recompile the
> > >domain constraint, it works. Wouldn't it be better if it could
> work that
> > >way even after restore ? :-)
> >
> > How could it? Restore has to create the domains before it creates
> the
> > tables, otherwise it couldn't create the tables.
>
> Although no currently possible, this could I believe be overcome
> with changes to the backup mechanism (and metadata extraction).
> Domains could be created without check constraints with the check
> constraints being added later, after the tables have been created.

But why - according to me :) -> it's wrong to have a check constraint
on a domain that involves tables...

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
InterBase Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase
http://www.upscene.com

Firebird Workbench - the developer tool for Firebird
http://www.upscene.com

Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

"This is an object-oriented system.
If we change anything, the users object."