Subject Re: [ib-support] How to start using Firebird?
Author Helen Borrie
At 08:08 AM 13-09-02 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>Could anyone point me to some documentation on how to use Firebird?
>I've already installed it on Win 98 but I have no clue as to where
>and how to create my database and get started.

1. Go to the Downloads>InterBase page at www.ibphoenix.com and download
the ib6 beta documentation (most of it applies to Firebird) - and use the
Firebird release notes for further doc
Hint: particularly look (in LangRef.pdf) for the CREATE DATABASE statement

2. Download a client program from somewhere - see the Contributed
Downloads page at the IB Phoenix site or you might like to try free IB_SQL
from www.ibobjects.com

Hint: your connect string for a local client is
localhost:drive_letter:\yourdbpath\nameofdb.gdb
Play about with the samples first.

3. Then come back and ask more questions here. :)

heLen