Subject Re: [ib-support] check constraint stops working after backup and restore
Author Helen Borrie
At 03:10 PM 11-09-02 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>my problem is:
>I create a domain with check constraint.
>
>e.g.
>ALTER DOMAIN D_TRANSPORT_TYPE_ID
>ADD CHECK (exists
> (
> select *
> from transport_types
> where tt_id = value
> ))
>
>This constraint works OK. After backup and restore it stops working. It
>objects even if the data is OK. Problem goes away after recompilation of
>the constraint.

Not a bug, exactly...my guess is that, at the time the CHECK constraint is
being added, the table transport_types doesn't exist. It's a cert that
gbak rebuilds domains before it begins on tables. I'd recommend doing this
with insert and update triggers rather than a CHECK constraint. Stick with
constants in CHECK expressions.

heLen