Subject Re: [ib-support] SQL Error Handling
Author Helen Borrie
At 03:54 AM 11-09-02 +0000, you wrote:

>In MSSQL I detected any errors with these codes:
>
> IF @@ERROR <> 0
> BEGIN
> ROLLBACK TRANSACTION
> RETURN(20)
> END
>
>How do I detect any errors in Firebird? I test with WHEN statement but it
>needs to specify a sqlcode. Is there another way to do similar to
>MSSQL code above?

See the documentation for CREATE EXCEPTION and exception handling in
general. See the Language Reference to get the SQLCODES - although the ISC
codes provide more detailed information about exceptions.

Just as you can't start transactions in SPs, so you also cannot roll them
back in SPs. A transaction in a *serious* client/server database is a unit
of work that is initiated and terminated by the client.

heLen