Subject Re: Interbase DB Design Question...newbie zone.....
Author dbasch
Martijn,
OK, that makes sense to me. I have been programming SQL for a few
months now. One last question that I was working up to. What if I
have 3 tables. For instance, add an insurer table:

#
't_insurer'
pk_companyid
companyname

fk_company in 't_car' references pk_companyid
#

Now, how do I get the cars vin#, owners first and last name and the
name of the insuring company. In other words, data from 3 tables.
Thanks again,
Derke T Basch

--- In ib-support@y..., "Martijn Tonies" <m.tonies@u...> wrote:
> Hi Derek,
>
> Read a book on SQL and look op the term JOIN.
>
> Here's a go at it:
>
> select car.make, owner.fname, owner.lname
> from t_car car join t_owner owner on (car.fk_owner =
owner.pk_ownerid)