Subject Re: [ib-support] executing SQL scripts on linux clients.
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:45 PM 01-09-02 +0000, you wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>I would like to know the procedure for executing SQL scripts in isql. I am
>using linux.
>
>I can envisage a way to use the edit command from isql to open an editor
>(such as vi) then load the prepared sql file then save it (it goes in
>/tmp) and on quitting the script will execute.
>
>However what I would like to know IS if there is another way using Load
>Script or Execute Script (as with IBConsole) from the isql comand prompt?

No. IBConsole uses components built over the Services API which itself
does internal macro calls to isql.

Direct from the command-line do

/opt/interbase/bin/isql -input /data/scripts/myscript.sql

The interactive isql interface is more friendly for writing and running
scripts. Inside isql you would do

SQL> input /data/scripts/myscript.sql
Make sure there is a carriage return following the last line of the script.

Have you thought about downloading the manuals instead of guessing? The
isql documentation is in the Operations Guide.

heLen