Subject RE: [ib-support] Index. Using
Author Alan McDonald
correct
-----Original Message-----
From: mivi71dk [mailto:Michael.Vilhelmsen@...]
Sent: Tuesday, 13 August 2002 17:59
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ib-support] Index. Using

Hi

If I have created some index without specifing asceding or
descending there are automatically created ascending, correct ?

Then if I an a table with 2 mio. records with an index on a date
field does a

select * from transaktioner where dato>=something order by dato desc

then the DB would not / can not use the created index, correct ?

To use an index I have to create another one saying it is
descending, correct ?

Michael

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor