Subject RE: [ib-support] interclient java example
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:37 PM 05-08-02 +1000, you wrote:

> > 2. so you have 25 other physical drives? or did you just name this second
> > (maybe third) drive Z for the hell of it?
>
>yes. why does that matter?
>
>[Alan McDonald] just wanted to make sure - it's an unusual setup - I've
>never done that (other than by mapping). Did you use Disk Management to add
>another drive letter?

You can name the drives what you like (except the C: drive, I think). On
my main Windows (NT 4) system I have C, E and F partitions on IDE 0-0 and
D, G, H and I are on IDE 0-1. Then I have CDRW on J, empty K, L, M and N
(I sometimes map these as a Samba client to my Linux filesystem); P and Q
are mapped drives on my Win98 box; R maps to the CD-Rom on the Win98
box; S and T are empty; U, V, W, X,Y and Z are partitions on IDE-1-0. I'm
about to replace the drive on IDE 0-1 with a much bigger one so
partitioning it should get interesting. :)

Apols for a totally fatuous piece of non-information.

heLen

All for Open and Open for All
Firebird Open SQL Database · http://firebirdsql.org ·
http://users.tpg.com.au/helebor/