Subject Re: [ib-support] Solution to GDB/SYSTEM RESTORE issue :-)
Author Scott Taylor
At 02:04 AM 18/07/2002, you wrote:
>Howdy all.
>
>For XP users, here is what you need to do to remove the GDB extension
>from your FILELIST.XML... forever! The process is similar for
>win2000, but I haven't confirmed/experimented with that yet.

Or you could just start your PC in "Safe Mode":
shut it down, turn it back on and when the system self test stuff is done,
press the F8 key, many times, until you get a text menu.
Select safe mode.
Log in as administrator.
Open Explorer.
Set explorer to show hidden and system files.
Go to the path \Windows\System32\restore
right click on "filelist.xml"
select properties
remove the read-only checkmark
edit the file
restore attributes (make read-only again)
restart system in normal mode.

:\

Scott.