Subject RE: [ib-support]
Author kelvin
The name is FirebirdCS-1.0.0.796-0.tar Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Taylor [mailto:scott@...]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 11:58 AM
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [ib-support]

At 06:24 PM 10/07/2002, you wrote:
>Noop. It is a newly install LI-V6.2.796 Firebird 1.0(running on
>Redhat 7.2). I think it is a classic server, right?
>Thanks!

What is the name of the RPM or Tar file you installed from?

It should be FirebirdCS or FirebirdSS

CS works with xinetd, not SS.

Check to see if this file exists:
/opt/interbase/bin/gds_inet_server

If it does, that your problem is within the Linux firewall.

Otherwise install Super Server.

Free $5 Love Reading
Risk Free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/TPvn8A/PfREAA/Ey.GAA/67folB/TM