Subject RE: [ib-support]
Author kelvin
Noop. It is a newly install LI-V6.2.796 Firebird 1.0(running on Redhat 7.2). I think it is a classic server, right?
Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Taylor [mailto:scott@...]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 12:30 AM
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [ib-support]

At 06:24 PM 09/07/2002, you wrote:
>Content of /etc/xinetd.d/firebird

That looks fine.

Wait a minute...didn't you say that was Firebird Super Server?
Did you recently upgrade from Classic Server?

>when i use "service firebird start"
>it is unsuccessful as following : "firebird: unrecognized service".
>I want to stop the service and restart again before cp the gdb! Please advice!

> >"/etc/rc.d/init.d/firebird" does not exists! Just
> >"/etc/xinetd.d/firebird" exists? Please advice! Thanks!

It would help if you wouldn't top post, I wouldn't have to go looking for
what was already discussed.

>Did you restart xinetd when you finished the instal?

And you might not miss answering questions.

Of course "service firebird start" doesn't work:
"/etc/rc.d/init.d/firebird" is missing.

How did you start it in the first place?

Are you sure it's even running?

Scott.

Free $5 Love Reading
Risk Free!