Subject Re: [ib-support] RE slow execution of LIKE
Author csswa
The implication here is that the overhead of parameterizing makes the
procedure run 15+ times slower. I dunno -- maybe it's reasonable to
assume 15 extra instructions/clock ticks are required to manipulate
the :param instead of a simple constant like 'GLAX%'.

Out of curiosity, Ben, try is with STARTING WITH in place of LIKE.
Sorry, I don't have an explanation for you, but some experimenting
may yield more clues.

Regards,
Andrew Ferguson
-- I never said I had no idea about most of the things you said I
said I had no idea about.