Subject Re: ISQL on LInux...how to create tables?
Author bgclarke16
--- In ib-support@y..., Helen Borrie <helebor@t...> wrote:
> At 03:50 PM 14-06-02 +0000, you wrote:
> >--- In ib-support@y..., "bgclarke16" <bgclarke16@y...> wrote:

> Why do you want your application to create a table?
I'm porting someone elses application from one database platform to
IB/Firebird.

The application in it's current design builds the tables, etc in the
program and then populates them with either sample data or takes you
into "config" mode where you set up the data yourself.

I've already figured out how to create the tables via SQL, but
creating the initial database may be a bit of an issue.

I'll likely have to alter the way the program works and have
the "dba" of the system this app will run on run the DDL scripts
(which I'll use IB_SQL to create - wicked tool) and then run teh app.

Brad