Subject Re: [ib-support] unload and load
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:54 PM 11-06-02 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
> When I loaded unloaded text file into a FB table
>the null value in the date column of all the rows got converted to
>17/11/1858. Non null values are OK. In
>the text file that date column showed some asci codes.
>
> Is it an expected behaviour of FB?
>
> I am running FB1 on W2K.

17 November 1858 is "date zero" - all supported dates and times in IB/FB
are counted forward or back from that date. If your conversion is storing
this date, it indicates that the value is being evaluated as zero.

It is not a big deal - you can handle it in various ways. For example, if
your conversion is a one-off, then just perform an update on that column to
set a date of '17.11.1858' to null. (17/11/1858 won't work, as this date
literal format is read as 'mm/dd/ccyy').

heLen

All for Open and Open for All
Firebird Open SQL Database · http://firebirdsql.org ·
http://users.tpg.com.au/helebor/