Subject Database Shutdown ( GFIX ? )
Author Leonardo Mozachi Neto
I need to shutdown a running database.
I must ensure that the database is not in use.
If it is, I need to prevent new connections/transactions.
Once new connectins/transactions are suspended, I need to know when the gdb
is free to shutdown.
All of this with Delphi.

I was wondering if this kind of approach is applicable/recomended.

a) Check if the database is in use (connected users);
b) Prevent new conections;
c) Prevent new transactions;
d) Wait for users diconnection (finallizating theirs transactions too)
e) ShutDown the database;

Is this correct?

Is GFix indicated to do this job? (How do I know if the step "d" occurred?)

GFIX -Attach(10) -Trans(10) -Shut

I am a little bit limited to express myself in english.
:)

Regards,

Leo.