Subject Re: [ib-support] Re: database sweeps
Author Jan Agermose
I'm not really sure of any thing. What do you mean by "monitor progress"
? I would like to know how to read the numbers - am I correct in the
bellow assumption on the meaning of the numbers?

Jan Agermose

On Wed, 2002-05-08 at 21:23, Aage Johansen wrote:

Jan Agermose wrote:
> I will try that. We do backups every night - sweeps are done during
> backups as I understand. How about the numbers. If all querys are
> autocommited should the "oldest trans." not follow the "next trans."
> number by a margin of "the number of currently open connections"?

Are you sure nothing is holding up a transaction? Do you monitor progress
with an open transaction (e.g. in IBConsole)?

Regards,
Aage J.