Subject RE: [ib-support] Re: Error 10054
Author Wilson, Fred
Yup, that's all correct. We see it, most often, at sites, as the results of
the customers simply turning off the client PC's and shift end or when they
leave, inside of shutting the application(s) down gracefully, then the OS,
then turning off the PC.

Best,
Fred Wilson
SE, Bell & Howell
fred.wilson@...

-----Original Message-----
From: csswa [mailto:csswa@...]
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2002 9:40 AM
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ib-support] Re: Error 10054

And I also found this message from Claudio on another site regarding
this problem. Hope you don't mind me requoting, Claudio! (saves you
repeating yourself, right?) :-)

-----

Joe, in case you didn't have where to look for:

Platform SDK: Windows Sockets
Error Codes in the API
WSAECONNRESET
(10054)
Connection reset by peer.
A existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. This
normally results if the peer application on the remote host is
suddenly stopped, the host is rebooted, or the remote host used a
hard close (see setsockopt for more information on the SO_LINGER
option on the remote socket.) This error may also result if a
connection was broken due to keepalive activity detecting a failure
while one or more operations are in progress. Operations that were in
progress fail with WSAENETRESET. Subsequent operations fail with
WSAECONNRESET.

I suggest that you start checking your network cards, then ensuring
that TCP/IP has priority over NetBEUI and that if the server is NT,
give it SP5 or SP6a but not the original SP6. Check possible patches
to the client's TCP/IP stack on MS site if it's Win9X. I assume you
are able to start a domain logon in the client, authenticated by the
server.

C.
--
---------
Claudio Valderrama C.

Joe Martinez wrote in message <3912F582.58E3856A@...>...
>Ok, here's the error in the interbase.log file on the client:
>INET/inet_error: send errno=10054
>
>On the server, we get the following error:
>INET/inet_error: read errno=10054
>
>Those errors, we see for every single time we tried to query against
the
>database.
>
>There's also another error, which we only see once on the client,
which
says:

>remote interface/gds__detatch: unsuccessful detatch from database.
Uncommitted