Subject Re: [ib-support] Re: mass inserts
Author Ann W. Harrison
At 03:28 PM 4/9/2002 +0000, sboyd_kanservu_ca wrote:
>Helen;
>
>Not that I doubt your expertise, becuase I don't, but turning forced
>writes on to improve performance is somewhat counter-intuitive.

Turning on forced writes forces the data to disk regularly. It is
possible to develop a huge backlog of unwritten data that makes
performance very erratic. I suspect that your problem is that
the server is consuming large amount of memory for an auto-undo
log. If you have control over your transactions, you should
use the isc_tpb_no_auto_undo tpb option.

Regards,

Ann
www.ibphoenix.com
We have answers.