Subject Re: [ib-support] Call Interbase Stored Procedure from PHP
Author Artur Anjos
Hi

Javi: I really don't understand your email. Could you please explain it
better to all of us?

Xavier: What Helen was asking you is why your user needs 100,000 rows back
from the server, not why your database need to store so many records. If you
need to store that kind of data, ok, no problem with FireBird. You have a
database engine that you can count on. The question is: your user will need
to have 100,000 rows to do what?

Maybe it's to do something that could be done in the server (some
statistical work?) by a Stored Procedure. Or maybe you need to have a
special UDF to do the job. When you have a client/server application, the
work should be done at the server side and return to the user just the info
he/she wants.

Do you understand now Helen question?

Artur

----- Original Message -----
From: "Entrebytes S.L."
To: <ib-support@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 4:19 PM
Subject: Re: [ib-support] Call Interbase Stored Procedure from PHP

[* Profanities suppressed to not offend religious beliefs *] !!!!

Hey man , i was suspecting something like that , by the name of the tables
and your signature , but this is getting serius.. maybe interbase is not for
you.. in fact , are you sure you NEED a Relational Database ?

Just as a stab in the dark ... would you consider how to encode the data?
that is.. DNA is just 4 bases, (two bits), arranged
in sequences that gives us nucleotids , peptids and all that amazing stuff
of life .. but ..
what resources are you using to enconde a 2-bit information?

just a througth...

HTH.

- "What is true?" , asked a philospher.
- "1 or 0 , depending on implementations " replied a bystanding programmer.

Javi
EntreBytes S.L.
Ontenient , Spain
ERP Development.