Subject Re: [ib-support] How to detect BLOB changes in a Trigger
Author Jason Chapman (JAC2)
To get round this, we put Blobs in their own tables, then if the row
updates, the Blob has probably been chnaged, therefore replicate. This is a
sledge hammer really as I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong), if a blob
is updated (even to the same value), the new.blob will have a different
BlobId to the old.blob, so as a quick, cheap (comparing Blob contents must
be expensive) enhancement to the engine we could have:

GetBlobIDFromField( Blob ) : BlobId, you could then

if GetBlobIdFromField( new.blob) <> GetBlobIdFromField( old.blob) then
put the flag in for replication.

When I finally get my finger out and build IB, I think this will be one of
the items on my list of to-do's.

JAC.