Subject Re: [ib-support] identify a char
Author Claudio Valderrama C.
""Nick Upson"" <uebridger@...> wrote in message
news:F181eP64pwb5XBhoVMU00013d0b@......
> can I express a char(1) field value in hex?
>
> charfld = '\x00';

I've thought for a long time that the parser could create those constants
for you, using the C syntax or the Pascal syntax, but you're on v4 and FB1
can't get more modifications.
:-)

But you can use the UDF library that comes with v5, provided that it works
in your system. (Probably you would have to rebuild it). There's an
ASCII_CHAR function that produces a character based on its numeric position.
So,
ASCII_CHAR(0) may work. I say "may" because 0x is tricky.

C.
--
Claudio Valderrama C. - http://www.cvalde.com - http://www.firebirdSql.org
Independent developer