Subject Re: [ib-support] invalid Blod ID error on Firebird
Author Phil Shrimpton

Hi,

> Getting a "EIBInterbaseError with message 'invalid Blob ID' when
> trying to update database.
>
> I am using the following stored procedure

Invaild blob id can be a bit of a misleading error message. I had this very
problem the other day, and it turned out to be something different.
Basically I had an 'insert' SP with an integer field and a blob field, and I
kept getting the Invalid blob id message, when executing the same bit of
code. I then 'moved' the SP code to 'queries' on the client, and the code
that was giving me an error, now gave me a different, ligitimate error. (It
was an index constaint error).

Phil

--
Linux 2.4.4-4GB
9:27pm up 2 days, 3:53, 1 user, load average: 0.21, 0.13, 0.06