Subject Re: [ib-support] Re: Firebird 1.0.0 and SQL Dialect 3
Author Mark O'Donohue
roy@... wrote:

>Hi
>
>I tried to create a database with isql on the Linux box and get the message:
>
>Warning: Pre IB V6 database only speaks SQL dialect 1 and does not accept Client SQL dialect 3 . Client SQL dialect reset to 1.

Ok, well looks interesting :-), heres what I get for doing linux isql
client to linux classic server.

golem:~/src/interbase/build/release1.0.0a> /opt/interbase/bin/isql -user
sysdba -password xxxxxx
Use CONNECT or CREATE DATABASE to specify a database
SQL> set sql dialect 3;
SQL> create database 'localhost:/tmp/z1.gdb';
SQL> show sql dialect;
Client SQL dialect is set to: 3 and database SQL dialect is: 3
SQL>

SQL> show version;
ISQL Version: LI-T1.0.0.368 Firebird Beta2
InterBase/linux Intel (access method), version "LI-T1.0.0.368 Firebird
Beta2"
InterBase/linux Intel (remote server), version "LI-T1.0.0.368 Firebird
Beta2/tcp (golem.ko-software.com)/P10"
InterBase/linux Intel (remote interface), version "LI-T1.0.0.368
Firebird Beta2/tcp (golem.ko-software.com)/P10"
on disk structure version 10.0

Reconnecting also seemed to work.

golem:~/src/interbase/build/release1.0.0a> /opt/interbase/bin/isql -user
sysdba -password xxxxxx
Use CONNECT or CREATE DATABASE to specify a database
SQL> connect 'localhost:/tmp/z1.gdb';
Database: 'localhost:/tmp/z1.gdb', User: sysdba
SQL> show sql dialect;
Client SQL dialect is set to: 3 and database SQL dialect is: 3
SQL> quit;

So (from my reading of what Ive' got) that seemed to work and it has
v1.0.0 on client and server sides (both on linux box currently).

Is this similar to your test, or did you use the win32 as the client side?

I'll try that, but Im also going to have a look for that error message
in the source code, and see if I can find it somewhere.

Cheers

Mark

--
Your database needs YOU!