Subject RE: [ib-support] Extra Field?
Author Mike Grover
Delphi 1,2,3,4,5,6
Borland C++ Builder 1,3,5
Visual Studio
Assembler
Visual Basic

Is there any Examples on UDF's close to what I'm doing?

-----Original Message-----
From: Leyne, Sean [mailto:InterbaseSupport@...]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 9:50 AM
To: 'ib-support@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: RE: [ib-support] Extra Field?

Mike,

What programming language do you use?

I would think that you could create a UDF to calculate and return the
distance, which you could then sort by. The UDF call would look like:

SELECT DISTANCEUDF( :TargetPointLat, :TargetPointLong, LATITUDE,
LONGITUDE), COLUMNS, ..., FROM ... WHERE ... ORDER BY 1

Sean

P.S. Mike, what to over-quoting -- thanks.

Do you need to encrypt all your online transactions? Secure corporate intranets? Authenticate your Web sites? Whatever
security your site needs, you'll find the perfect solution here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Bre3tC/Q56CAA/yigFAA/dpFolB/TM