Subject Re: [ib-support] New Firebird Release 1.0.0 Beta2 Available
Author Mark O'Donohue
Tomas MichalĂ­k wrote:

>Hi,
>
>it failed here too, so I manually copied the appropriate file to
>/etc/rc.d/init.d and renamed it to 'firebird'.
>
>CORRECTION:
>Then I found out that it needs libncurses.so.5 (FB 0.9.4 hasn't) which
>is
>not present at my RH6.2 so I have to upgrade ...

This is a byproduct that all the redhat 6.2 boxes I have have been
updated/replaced.

I now know what the /etc/rc.d/init.d problem is, (/etc/rc.d/init.d was
the directory for rb6.2 as opposed to /etc/init.d as used for later
rh/mandrake versions).

The ncurses module, is used in pyxis a module not really used in
firebird (and stripped from firebird2), I'll
investigate removing it.

Is there a redhat6.2 owner out there, who is willing to tests an install
package for me?

Cheers

Mark