Subject Re: [ib-support] gdb File Format
Author Helen Borrie
At 03:07 PM 16-08-01 -0500, you wrote:
>Is there any plac I can find Technical specs on the file layout of
>the gdb file? How to go from block to block etc...

No, IB doesn't have a "block" layout like file-based databases. Data are stored in pages which are allocated as required. The number of records per page is something less than page_size/record_size. There are different kinds of pages for different types of objects (table records, indices, etc.) Different pages for a particular table are stored anywhere, not in contiguous blocks. There is no notion of "physical structure" for things inside the database.

Regards,
Helen

All for Open and Open for All