Subject Re: [ib-support] Importing Records
Author Paul Reeves
Mike Grover wrote:

> I used INSERT INTO ... VALUES (...)
> >From a Delphi6 program I wrote
>
> How Can I insert a certain number of records from a external file?

You need to break the external file up into smaller files - perhaps 500k
or 1m lines and declare each file as an external table. Then each
'insert into ... select from' is executed within its' own transaction.

I'm not sure that this will necessarily be an improvement on the method
you are using. For bulk inserts external tables usually win hands down.
You, however, have rather a lot of data, so it will take a little trial
and error to find the best approach.

Paul
--

Paul Reeves