Subject Re: [ib-support] Importing Records
Author Woody
From: "Mike Grover" <mike@...>
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2001 2:07 PM

> Does anybody know of a way import a very large number of records into
> IB6
>
> I have a IB6 table with a record with of 360
>
> I am adding records by the SQL command INSERT
>
> and doing a transaction about every 1000000 million records.

I don't know how many tables or fields are involved ( I suspect there are no
blobs since you are reading a text file of information), you might gain some
speed by creating an insert procedure on the server and passing it the
values to insert. You might also try reducing the amount of records you
insert before committing to about 100,000.

Woody