Subject RE: [ib-support] Importing Records
Author Mike Grover
Ok, sorry, let me explain.

I get a 150 gig SDF file (fixed record width) file ever three months.

I was previuosly using Codebase 6.5 (xbase file format).
Codebase does not have any SQL support!

Right now I am importing records from a SDF file into a gdb file.

I started 3 hours ago and im at 21 million records of 110 million.

The I will create indexes.

mike...

-----Original Message-----
From: Leyne, Sean [mailto:InterbaseSupport@...]
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2001 3:15 PM
To: 'ib-support@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: RE: [ib-support] Importing Records

Mike,

I'm a little confused... You asked about speeding up an import process,
right?

If so, why would you be querying the external table (with 110 million
rows)?

I would have expected you to import the data from a External file into a
normal database file and then create indexes, triggers, etc. to support
normal table operations.

Did I miss something along the way?

Sean