Subject RE: [ib-support] Re: --* Please Help*--- Database corruption and cannot backup & restore
Author Doug Chamberlin
At 8/8/2001 03:42 PM (Wednesday), Leyne, Sean wrote:
>Just to be clear.
>Are you saying that the proposed solution is unacceptable or is the best
>option available at the current time?

I think the proposed solution is fine for the moment. I expect that Ann,
and probably others, will consider it unacceptable in the long run due to
the exclusion of gstat access. Her mantra is "don't break past behavior"
and operationally it creates problems to lock out gstat. Whether it is a
good trade off is up to each of us to decide. I'll side with you - fix the bug.

My last post detailing GetFullPathName was in response to Nando who seems
to be trivializing the problem of using it. For the most part
GetFullPathName is worthless, especially for this problem. [Now didn't that
just sound like the BBW, himself? I must keep practicing!]