Subject Re: [ib-support] Re: --* Please Help*--- Database corruption and cannot backup & restore
Author Woody
From: "Ivan Prenosil" <prenosil@...>
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 1:10 PM
> when you specify
> C:db.gdb
> Windows will usually use
> C:\windows\system32\db.gdb

Windows will use whatever the "currrent" directory is for that drive. It may
or may not be \windows\system32\. It is whatever the last path was that was
set using that drive.

> when you specify
> D:ibdir\db.gdb
> Windows will usually use
> D:\ibdir\db.gdb

No, Windows will use the path as relative to it's current setting again just
like in the previous example. The only way to tell Windows to use the root
as the relative path is to actually put the slash in after the drive letter.

> when you specify
> \db.gdb
> Windows will usually use
> C:\db.gdb

Here, Windows will use whatever the current drive selection is. Again, that
may or may not be C:. It could just as well be D: or E: or a mapped network
drive.

> There is Windows API function GetFullPathName() that can be used
> to do it. And scan of IB-source directory revealed that GetFullPathName()
> is indeed used in "isc_file.c" file.

I assume you mean in IB6 and not in previous versions? If that's the case, I
would consider it fixed unless someone else with more knowledge about the
internals of IB says otherwise.

Woody