Subject Re: [ib-support] Re: Slow first 'Query'
Author Phil Shrimpton
On Wednesday 01 August 2001 12:24, you wrote:

Hi,

> So I recommend you to take a look at
> http://ib.demo.ru/DevInfo/gspeed.htm
> no matter it is Russian site - SQL is written in SQL. :) As you have
> many SP, I suspect play with indexes on RDB$DEPENDENCIES can help you.

Thanks, I will take a look.

> And one more - I have not much experience with SS, but for Classic
> 10000 page buffers is TOOOOOO much - every connection will try to get
> such amount of RAM and your OS will start swapping when it will be
> exhausted.

I am in control of the number of connections. There is a maximum of 5, and
10000 x 8k x 5 = ~400Mb which is about half the memory on the server machine,
which is only running the database

Cheers

Phil

--
Linux 2.4.4-4GB
12:18pm up 22 days, 10:01, 1 user, load average: 0.87, 0.30, 0.15