Subject Re: [ib-support] Re: Slow first 'Query'
Author Phil Shrimpton
On Wednesday 01 August 2001 07:34, you wrote:

Hi,

I can only go on my linux machine, but I know the Windows machine I tried it
on (with the same problem) is an 'out of the box' setup.

> How many buffers have you allocated in the IB_CONFIG file? This is a
> server wide value.

None, everything is commented out.

> And how many buffers do you have allocated at
> database level? You can use gstat to check this.

10000

> The point I am getting at is that a large value (>10k) may be somewhat
> detrimental to performance.

Thats what I have heard, so I always set it at 10K max

Cheers

Phil
--
Linux 2.4.4-4GB
10:02am up 21 days, 7:46, 1 user, load average: 0.78, 0.31, 0.19