Subject Re: [ib-support] Connecting Problem To Win98 Server
Author Çagatay TENGIZ
Helens thanks for trying to help me,
My clients have server entry in their hosts file as 200.200.200.19 fin_server
They've got TCP/IP protocol on their network protocol stack and I can ping server from my clients
I've copied gds32.dll from server to clients windows directory
And the error message is :
ISC_Error Code : 335544721
ISC_Error Message:Unable to complete network request to "fin_server". Fail to esatblish a connection. Unkonwn Win32 Error 10060

Best regards

----- Original Message -----
From: Helen Borrie
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 11:41 AM
Subject: Re: [ib-support] Connecting Problem To Win98 Server

At 11:13 AM 31-05-01 +0300, you wrote:
>Hello list,
>I've installed Firebird to a Win98 machine as server. From clients I can not connect to my database.
>
>Clients also use Win98
>I can ping server from my clients.
>My server has an ip of 200.200.200.19
>My server's share name is fin_server
>I've modified hosts and services files as they should be.
>(For hosts file I've added : 200.200.200.19 fin_server line,
>for services file I've added : gds_db 3050/tcp line)
>I've checked out connection string and it seems to be true (fin_server:c:\fin\ozture.gdb)
>
>What am I missing?

Make sure all of your clients have the server entry in their hosts files.
Also make sure that they all have TCP/IP at the top of their network protocol stack.

What error do the clients get on trying to connect? Do the clients all have the correct version of gds32.dll?

Regards,
Helen

All for Open and Open for All
InterBase Developer Initiative · http://www.interbase2000.org