Subject Re: [ib-support] gpre and VisualC++
Author Paul Schmidt
Ann:

On 30 May 2001, at 10:44, Ann W. Harrison wrote:

> At 09:45 AM 5/30/2001 -0400, Paul Schmidt wrote:
>
> >I have VisualC++ V4.0 and I would like to do some embedded sql using
> >it, I am not sure though how to set it up to convert a .e to a .c to
> >a .obj automagically. I was thinking about a batch file, that calls
> >the required pieces, but that seems kind of ugly....
> >
> >Anyone have any ideas...
>
> Add the .e to the project, and give it a custom build step that
> invokes gpre. List the .c as a dependency and as the output of
> the custom build.

I can see this is going to be a easy and simple process, now gpre
doesn't work: First of all it seems that it needs to know the exact
database path, username and password in order to be able to compile.

So I fed it the line (this is really all on one line)

"c:\program files\firebird\bin\gpre" $(InputPath) -d
lnxsrvr:/var/ib_data/mystuff.gdb -user sysdba -password masterkey

It promptly told me that the user is not defined, yeah right, either
I have something wrong here, or gpre is nuts. Please tell me it's
something I have wrong, and kindly tell me gpre (Firebird 0.9.4.41)
is really OK.

More Questions:

1) I want to give the client enough flexability that he can call the
database whatever he wants, and stick it wherever he wants, and use a
different user and password, I wouldn't normally use SYSDBA, but I
want to experiment with this....

2) Even if I use the above, can I still specify something else with a
connect statement inside.

Paul

Paul Schmidt,
Tricat Technologies