Subject Re: [ib-support] What is 'orphaned backversions' ?
Author Ann W. Harrison
At 09:13 AM 5/23/2001 +0200, Louis van Alphen wrote:

>"Relationship has 94 orphan backversions (0 in use) in table Skin (133)"
>
>What does this mean and how can I fix it?

That's a benign error - it means that for some reason, records
the Skin table have been removed (either because they were not
committed or because the were deleted) but the previous versions
were not removed. This can happen if the server shuts down
unexpectedly even if forced writes are enabled. Other than
occupying space, orphaned back versions do no harm. Gfix should
get rid of them.

Regards,

Ann
www.ibphoenix.com