Subject AW: [ib-support] Users
Author Kaputnik
It is very important, that NO user can connect to the db as Sysdba!!
Think of all the BS they can do with the DB, from shutting it down to
changing metadata to completely destroying it.....

Interbase was the first RDBMS at all to offer a role-based
privilege-system, so why not use it?
Create a few roles, grant the proper privileges to them and after that,
simply grant the desired role to the users.
This will result in less headaches in configuring the access-rights, and
even lesser headaches in maintenance, especially when changing rights.
Especially when treating with sensible information proper
user-management will be essential....think of an purchasing system,
where employees and partners can take a look at pricelists....you really
don't want the partners be able to see the margins for your products,
don't you?

For more info on roles, see http://www.ibphoenix.com/ibp_sqlroles.html

Cu, Nick