Subject Re: [ib-support] Re: Solved. Backup - Decompression overrun buffer (179)
Author Aage Johansen
Helen Borrie wrote:
> The date 31-DEC-1899 is date zero in Delphi, perhaps even in Windows. Delphi
> doesn't admit the possiblity of nulls and replaces them with zero (or empty
> string in the case of character fields).

Please let me nitpick ...

I think the 'zero date' in MS s/w is 30-DEC-1899. What I've heard (and
which may be false) is that it was - originally - 31-DEC-1899, but after
MS proagrammer(s) realized the full nature of leap years (specifically
that 1900 was NOT a leap year), the 'solution' chosen was to redefine
the beginning of time.

Regards,
Aage J.